Table of Contents
(for .com, .net, .org. info. .biz, .us domains)
Is the domain eligible for transfer?
For gTLDs (.com/.net/.org/ etc.), verify:
- That the domain was created at least 60 days ago
- That the domain has not been transferred from another registrar in the last 60 days
- Ensure that the domain's registrant (owner) information is correct and clearly visible in the whois,
- Ensure that the owner's or administrative contact's e-mail address is valid and is one that you have access to,
- Ensure that the domain has not already been deleted at your current registrar
For .co.uk/.org.uk/.me.uk domains, remember that you need to 'push' it to Gandi by changing the tag to GANDI at your current registrar.
Tips for minimizing downtime
Depending on your DNS arrangement, there is always the possibility of downtime during a transfer. Optionally, you can take these extra steps to lower the risk:
- Lower the TTL on the domain's zone file entries with your current registrar. (If you don't know what this means, don't worry about it.)