Table of Contents
Changing Account Information
If you need to change any of your personal information (e-mail or street address, telephone number, etc.), please keep in mind that you need to be logged into the handle that you need to modify.
Change your email address
Update your street address, telephone number, etc.
Begin by logging into the handle in question.
Once you have done so, click on “My Account” that you see on the upper right hand corner of the page.
Then, click on “Account Management” in the banner menu:
followed by “Update account information”:
You will then be taken to the form that contains your personal information.
When updating your information, and to avoid errors, or future problems, please:
- include correct and valid information (this is required by our sales conditions),
- use the correct telephone number format (ex. +1.1231231234 for the USA),
- verify that your e-mail address is current, and that you are unlikely to lose access to it (all Gandi notices are sent to the address provided).
What can't be changed
- You cannot edit the personal name associated with an individual-type or the company name on a company-type handle. These require an owner change.
- You cannot change the name of the contact person if the handle is the owner of a .be or .eu domain name, in which case you need to contact support.)
Errors and troubleshooting
You may encounter one of the following errors. Next to them, you will see what to do.
- Error: “An individual type account is not authorized for this extension (pro)“: see pro.
- Error: “Please correct this value.”: you can see the reason for this error by clicking the “Modify” link next to the problematic field, which will be be highlighted in red.
- Error: “The address you provided is not valid.”: This is usually caused by an error or special character in your address. Check the postal code, city and/or province name.
- Error: “Invalid contact”: This reason for this error varies depending on the operation and TLD in question. Verify all contact attributes, especially the telephone number, street address and postal code.