Table of Contents
As the blog's owner and administrator, you would like other people (friends, family, colleagues…) to be able to write on your blog from their own account?
Add a new user
To do so, all you need to do is click Writers in the left-hand administration menu.
Type the Gandi login for the user you wish to invite in the Invite a new writer field.
Once you have typed the login and clicked the invite button, an interface will ask you which permissions you wish to grant to the new writer.
Here is a quick description of possible permissions:
- manage their own entries and comments : The user is allowed to create entries and to access comments to the entries that belong to him.
- publish entries and comments : The user can change the publication status on his own entries and on its comments.
- delete entries and comments : The user can delete his own entries and its comments.
- manage all entries and comments : The user can completely manage the blog's entries, regardless of their author.
- manage categories : The user can create, edit, and delete categories.
- manage their own media items : The user can add and manage his own media.
- manage all media items : The user can manage any media.
- manage blogroll : The user can manage the blogroll
Modifying permissions for an invited user
When you access the Writers interface, the users who have access to your blog will be displayed here. Just click change permissions by their user name to modify the permissions for the selected user.
Revoke access to a user on your blog
To delete access to your blog to a given user, change his permissions and remove them all, and Save. The user will then have disappeared from your blog's invited writer list.