In some instances you will not be able to pay for your order right away, even if your card is totally valid and if you have used it with Gandi before in the past. There have been many additional security measures added to international online purchases over the year by our banking partners and credit institutions (Visa, Mastercard), which you might not have experienced yet.
Some possible causes for your card not being accepted are:
- Your card has been blocked against online international purchase,
- Your bank, or Visa, has added a security feature to your card (Verified by Visa),
- You are not using a credit card that our bank accepts for payment,
- There are insufficient funds in your account,
Sometimes, customers are unaware that their credit card has been enrolled in one of the many security programs put in place since last year by US banks or credit institutions. Even if you do not think your card has a security feature of any sort, this does not mean that one is not in place.
There is nothing that Gandi can do to force our bank to accept payment from your credit card. If you have been unable to pay for your transaction, please do the following:
- If you see a pop-up asking for you for security information, this comes from your bank or credit card company, and they require that you submit the form in order to allow you to use your card. You must follow through with your financial institution's online security protocol in order to make payment.
- Contact your bank, or Visa directly (it is mainly Visa's new “Verified by Visa” program that causes the most problems), and ask them to unblock your card for international online purchase, or to specifically accept your payment to Gandi.
- Try a different credit card. Security features are card-specific, and so in the majority of cases, simply using a different credit card will work. Don't worry: paying with someone else's credit card will not change your domain's settings or registration information.
- “If at first you don't succeed…“Sometimes, we see that payment will be accepted after several attempts, so if your card is blocked for no apparent reason (no security pop-up, etc.) simply try again. Then, if after additional attempts our bank is still not accepting your credit card, please contact your bank.
- Verify that your credit card has sufficient funds and you have not exceeded your monthly purchase limit.
After you have cleared your credit card with your bank or with Visa, it will then be necessary to go through the registration process a second time (or third time…). We recognize that this is an inconvenience for many of you and we will soon be increasing our payment options so as to add additional payment means.
If, after trying all the above, you can still not make your payment, please contact Gandi's Customer Care Service. You will be asked whether or not you have exhausted all the above solutions, so to save your time, please contact Gandi *only* after having contacted your bank and Visa to ask about unblocking your card.