Table of Contents
Linking your Gandi Site or SiteMaker website to your domain
To connect your Gandi Site or SiteMaker website to your domain name:
1. Be sure that Gandi Site/SiteMaker knows your address
- Log into your Gandi account and click on “Websites”
- Click on the name of the website that you want to attach
- Click on “Add an address” in the Addresses section
- Then, in the form that appears, put the name of your address in the box (note that Gandi Site does not support IDN (accented) domains however).
For example, if you want to be able to see your website at http://www.example.com, then put www.example.com in the box.
- If your domain already has a 'www' (in this case) record in the zone file, you will be asked if you want to change it. You will need to accept if you want to switch your website at this address to be Gandi Site or Sitemaker.
2. Be sure that your domain knows where to find your website
It is necessary that in your zone file that you have an entry that will send your address to your website.
If this was not done automatically, or you need to perform the action manually and your domain uses Gandi's DNS, you can click on the following icon that you will see on your website's address on its control panel, in order to have us automatically configure your zone file for it:
You can verify whether or not you have the correct record in your zonefile by checking to see if you have the correct corresponding entry:
- For Gandi Site: www 10800 IN CNAME gandi.ws.
- For Sitemaker: www 10800 IN CNAME fr.sitemakerlive.com.
If you need help editing your zonefile please see this page.