Table of Contents
Uploading your iWeb site to Simple Hosting
You can try our Simple Hosting platform without risk, as you are able to cancel a monthly instance at any time and be automatically refunded pro rata.
MobileMe closed on 30 June, 2012. This guide will help you move your site from iWeb to Gandi Simple Hosting – just use the settings below.
- Publish to: From within iWeb, select the option to publish your site. You will have three choices:
- FTP Server (this is the one you want)
- Local folder
- Site name: You will then be asked for the name of your site. Note that the addresses of iWeb sites are often extended, for example:
In this URL,
site/will be replaced by what you enter in the “Site name” field. Therefore, you may want to avoid using the same name for your site as your domain name, to avoid URLs that look like this:
- Contact email: In the next field, enter the email address you want messages sent to when a visitor uses the “send me a message” button on your site.
FTP Server Settings
To connect to your Simple Hosting instance, you will need the following information:
- Server address: This was provided in the confirmation email sent to you when your instance was created (it is also visible on your instance management page – click here to access your list of instances).
sftp.dc0.gpaas.netfor the Paris data center
sftp.dc1.gpaas.netfor the Baltimore data center
- “sftp.dc2.gpaas.net for the Luxembourg data center
- User name: This is your “unique identifier,” a 4- or 6-digit number which was provided in the confirmation email sent to you when your instance was created (also visible on your instance management page). Note: this is different from your Gandi handle.
- Password: Enter the sFTP password you defined when you created your instance. (Note: this is not the same as your Gandi handle password. You can reset it if necessary.)
- Directory/Path: Enter your Simple Hosting website's remote directory:
- Like this:
www.example.comwith the name of the vhost address you declared (visible on your instance's control panel)
- Protocol: sFTP
- Port: 22
Click on “Test Connection” to verify your settings are correct.
Lastly, iWeb will prompt you for the root URL of your website, used for creating links and RSS feeds:
Click on the “Publish” button in order to upload your site to your Simple Hosting instance.
You're done! Wasn't that easy?