Table of Contents
Configuring Gandi Mail for Gmail
This page contains instructions for setting up Gmail (aka Mail Fetcher) to send and receive from your Gandi mailboxes.
Note: This will allow you to import your GandiMail to your current
@gmail.com inbox – not to be confused with Google Apps a.k.a. Gmail for your domain.
Step 1: Receiving
- In your Gmail account, go to settings (click the gear icon to the upper right of your inbox, then click “settings”)
- Click the “Accounts” tab at the top.
- Under “Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)” click “Add a POP3 mail account you own”
- Email address: Enter the email address you want to be able to check from Gmail, i.e.
firstname.lastname@example.org, then click “next step”
- Username: Enter your email address again, i.e.
adminby itself won't work).
- Password: Enter the password you chose when you created the
example.com. (This must be a mailbox and not a forwarding address).
- Pop Server: Change it to
- Port: 110 for POP or 995 for POP SSL
If successful, you'll be given the opportunity on the following screen to be able to send mail from the same address.
Step 2: Sending
- Name: Enter the name you want to appear in the “From:” field of your emails
- Email address: Enter the same email address as in Step 1. Make your other selections and click Next.
- Send mail through your SMTP server? You can send through Gandi SMTP, if you want:
- SMTP Server: mail.gandi.net (this will probably pre-populate incorrectly)
- Port: 25, 465 (with SSL) or 587 (try one or the other)
- Username: Same email address as before, ie
If successful, the following screen will request you either click the confirmation link in the email or enter a confirmation code to be able to send mail from the above address.
Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password. Server returned error: "Authentication failed."
- You may have only entered your username, whereas you need to enter the whole email address.
- You may be entering the wrong password.
- You may be trying to add a forwarding address instead of a mailbox.
"You already have the maximum number of accounts allowed."
You can only set up 5 external POP accounts in Gmail. Consider using a forwarding address instead.
"We were unable to locate the other domain."
There was a problem connecting to mail.yourdomain.tld Server returned error: "We were unable to locate the other domain. Please contact your other provider."
"SSL protocol error."
There was a problem connecting to mail.gandi.net Server returned error: "SSL protocol error. Please try disabling SSL, or contact your other provider to verify the correct port settings."
You may have selected “Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail” but did not select the correct port for using SSL.
"Unable to process the account info."
Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password. Server returned error: "Unable to process the account info."
This error can occur when the wrong port is selected for a given configuration.
"There was a problem connecting to mail.gandi.net"
There was a problem connecting to mail.gandi.net Server returned error: "Missing +OK response upon connecting to the server: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready."
You may be trying to use an IMAP port. Gmail does not support IMAP import.
- Google/Gmail/Mail Fetcher support: Get mail from other accounts