Table of Contents
My password is not working!
Gandi passwords are case-sensitive. You must use the same upper- and lower-case letters that you provided when you created the password.
Be sure your caps lock is disabled and that you are entering the password exactly as you did when you created the handle you are trying to log into.
You can also reset your password if necessary.
Many Gandi customers have more than one Gandi handle. You may not even be aware that you have two or three different handles (or more!), and so you may be trying to log in with one handle with the password of another. There are a few different ways to see what your handles are.
Please verify that cookies are enabled for your web browser! You will not be able to log into our website if your browser does not accept cookies.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6: select the “Tools” menu, then “Internet Options”. Click on “Confidentiality”, and select the desired level.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5: select the “Tools” menu, then “Internet Options”. Click on “Security”, select “Internet” then “Custom Level”. Locate “cookies”, and select the desired option.
- Mozilla Firefox version 1.5 for Linux: select the “Edit” menu, then “Preferences”. Click on “Privacy”, then “Cookies”. Select the desired setting.
- Mozilla Firefox version 1.5 for Mac OSX: select the “Firefox” menu, then “Preferences”. Click on “Privacy”, then “Cookies”. Select the desired setting.
- Mozilla Firefox version 1.5 for Windows: select the “Tools” menu, then “Options”. Click on “Privacy”, then “Cookies”. Select the desired option.
- Netscape 6.X and 7.X: select the “Edit” menu, then “Preferences”, followed by “Privacy & Security”, and then “Cookies”.
- Netscape Communicator 4.X: select the “Modify” menu, then “Preferences”. Click on the option, “Advanced” in the “Cookies” section.
- Opera version 8.5 for Mac OS X: select the “Preferences” menu, then click on the “Advanced” tab, followed by “Cookies”. Select the option of your choice from the dropdown menu.
- Safari version 2.0.3: Select the “Preferences” menu for Safari. Click on the “Security” icon. In the “Accept Cookies” section, select “Only from sites you navigate to”.
Computer date and time
Please verify that your computer's date and time are correct. Gandi's cookies are time-sensitive, and expire after a couple of minutes. If your computer's time is off, it may be deleting the cookies before they are even created!
A certain number of Windows users have experienced difficulty logging in with Internet Explorer 6, under Windows XP, SP2. This problem seems to occur more frequently when Norton´s anti-virus is installed and enabled. The integration of security patches and the myriad of firewalls, ISP browser and internet settings customizations, etc. that exist between IE6 and the Windows environment sometime can create interference with the login procedure.
If none of the above solutions has solved your login problem, you should download (or use, if you already have a copy), the free web browser Firefox. It is more secure than Internet Explorer and does not have the many patches and interactions with other Windows applications, firewalls, etc. that can cause difficulties with IE.