Table of Contents
Medias and attachments
The Media Manager, accessible from the left-hand administration menu, allows you to add, remove, and organize all your media (images, sounds, video sequences, texts…) and attach them to entries.
Creating a sub-directory
You can create several sub-directories at all levels of the tree view.
Adding a file
The fields displayed allow you to:
- choose a file on your hard drive to be uploaded among your media.
- give a title to this file: by default, the manager will fill in this field but you can edit it (or do so later).
- tick the “Private” box if you wish to be the only writer with access to this file from the blog's administration.
Modifying or completing a file's information
From the media manager, browse the tree view until you reach the file and click on its icon or its title. A form with the necessary fields for modifying diverse informations will appear.
From this panel, you can also move a file by selecting the location you want it to be moved to in the New directory scrolling menu.
Finally, you can also replace one file by another.
Make sure you click Save to submit your changes.
Adding files directly
If you have direct access to your media folder (by FTP for example), you can add a file directly without going through the media manager. Once the files have been dropped, they will be visible in your Media Manager, just like if you had uploaded them using the web interface.
Particular file types
When you add an image to your media, several miniatures are created:
- square : A 48 pixel tall square.
- thumbnail : Image reduced to 100 pixels on its largest side.
- small : Image reduced to 240 pixels on its largest side.
- medium : Image reduced to 448 pixels on its largest side.
If the image is of JPEG type and possesses EXIF, PTC or XMP informations, these will be read and registered.
MP3 files can be immediately listened to from your web interface thanks to a little Flash reader (you therefore need the latter in order to benefit from this function).
You can attach files to any existing entry. Using the entry editing interface, click the Add files to this entry link in the right-hand menu. The media manager will open, enabling you to choose the file you wish to attach to your entry. During this phase, you can edit or add files to your media easily.