Table of Contents
What about VAT (Value Added Tax)?
VAT (20%) will only be charged if you are:
- An individual living in France
- A Company or organization located in France
VAT (5%) will only be charged if you are:
- An individual living in Taiwan
- A Company or organization located in Taiwan
Your country's VAT rate will be charged if you are:
- An individual living in the European Union
- A Company or organisation located in the European Union and without an intra-community VAT number, or if you have not indicated your intra-community VAT number (see below for instructions on adding it to your account).
VAT is not charged if you are:
- An individual living outside the European Union
- A Company or organisation located in the European Union (except France or Luxembourg) and you have correctly added your intra-community VAT number to your Gandi handle.
- A Company or organisation located outside the European Union.
If you have a VAT number, you need to use a company-type handle with that VAT number in order to not pay VAT.
How can I indicate my intra-community VAT number?
If your company or organisation is located in the European Union but not in France or Luxembourg and you do not want to be charged the VAT, indicate your intra-community VAT number in your account details.
To be taken into account, the VAT number must include the country code (BE, GB, etc.) and a series of numbers without any separators. Failing to respect this format, your country's VAT rate will be used for your orders. You can check if your VAT number is valid on the following page: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/