Table of Contents
Did my payment go through?
You have paid, but have not been able to access the usual confirmation page on the secure payment site.
Please check your e-mail: if your payment was accepted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail by Gandi within a few minutes of the transaction (this will be sent to the owner and the administrative contact of the domain name). Please note that this is the confirmation of your payment and not the creation of your Gandi account.
If you have not yet received this confirmation e-mail, please contact us at the link below, and be sure to specify the domain name, the transaction number and your Gandi handle.
In addition, here are a few easy ways to verify that the process has completed successfully:
For the registration of a domain:
- The owner and administrative contacts have received a confirmation e-mail,
- The invoice was sent by e-mail to the Gandi handle that was created during the payment stage of the operation,
- The domain is no longer available for purchase,
- The domain (.biz, .info, .name, .org, .be, .com, .net) appear in the Whois (but only after a few minutes; this may be as long as several hours for a .fr domain),
- For expert users: you may consult the status of your domain in real time by the command (note that this only works for registries that support a port 43 whois look-up. For others you will have to go to the registry website and use their web-based whois form):
For a renewal:
- The owner and administrative contact have received a renewal confirmation e-mail
- The invoice was e-mailed to the Gandi account that was used during the payment of the operation.
- In the Whois, the expiration date, posted by Gandi (in the form:
For a transfer:
- The future owner and administrative contact will receive a confirmation e-mail,
- The invoice was e-mailed to the Gandi account that was used during the payment of the operation,
- The current contacts of the domain have received an e-mail requesting the approval of the transfer.
How can I know which domain name I was charged for?
You may obtain the list of invoices linked to your Gandi handle in the Billing section of your account. Under 'Invoices,' you can sort the invoices by invoice number or by amount.
In the event that an actual error has occurred, please contact Gandi's customer support.